First he brought lots of mulch -- all the mulch that was inside the big potato bin -- and piled it in the beds. He'd also lined the beds with bricks.
I had one hosta my sister-in-law had given me in the spring.
I'd put it in another spot, but I moved it up front. It's on the far left.
I figured four big hostas out there should fill the beds nicely, eventually.
I bought two of these, one on either side of the steps -- "Honeybells" hosta.
On the far right end, I put one of these:
It doesn't match the single on the far left end, but that's all right. I'm not into "matchy matchy" anyway. Now the beds look like this:
Here's the spot where the lone hosta was living before today. It's the ugly spot around the house, and I'm still trying to decide what to do with it.